The Western Cape Government’s Tourism Safety and Support Programme provides assistance to visitors who may be in distress during their stay in the Western Cape.
What services and support do we offer to tourists?
- Medical/emotional trauma, visiting hospitals.
- Advise on short-term temporary accommodation.
- Help with basic necessities, where possible.
- Help with contacting family or friends.
- Facilitate counseling.
- Advise on short-term transport arrangements.
- Contact embassies and consulates in case of lost passports and visas.
Support during COVID-19 Outbreak?
The Western Cape Government with partners such as Cape Town Tourism (Band-Aid Programme as well as other tourism visitor information centres will assist visitors in distress. We are working with Fedhasa to ensure visitors can access accommodation as well as linking with the Provincial Department of Health for other requirements the tourists might have.
Who do I contanct? (Please phone, WhatsApp or email)
- Neo: 082 554 2020 (Tourism Safety Officer for Cape Town, Overberg, Winelands and West Coast)
- Ilze: 082 972 2507 (Tourism Safety Officer for Garden Route and Karoo)
- Ellvida: 021 487 6552 (Cape Town Tourism Band-Aid – Cape Town Metropole area)
NOTE: Accommodation Requirements: Please provide name, contact details, location (Please note this will be for the account of the tourist – please email email@example.com )