Why Join Us?
Why should I join?
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated.
Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry’s professionalism.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Here, in an atmosphere of amicale, ideas, opportunities and industry matters, in general, may be shared on a personal and business level. Skål members should promote the organisation, the formation of new Clubs and recruit qualified members.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- The network of Skål Members worldwide is accessible via the Skål International website in www.skal.org. Information on members in the database around the world is at your fingertips.
- Skål Members are welcome at all monthly meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network of Skål friends and colleagues.
- Should a Skål member relocate, transfer to the Skål network in that area and meet new industry professionals to make you feel at home.
- Skål Members have networking opportunities at all Skål events, national and international.
- Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organisation and an avenue for advertising exposure to 15,000 industry professionals.
- Skål International Garden Route newsletters to stay updated and get exposure for your business.
- Free exposure on the business listing of the Skål Garden Route website.
- Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in times of financial need or crisis.
- The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided by Skål Members.
- All Skål members may attend Skål World Congresses to meet and network with international members and promote their business.
- Young Skål gives young professionals the opportunity to meet prospective employers, work together with the executives of the travel and tourism industry, and to learn, get support and guidance from active members.
- Young Skål members may attend the Skål World Congress availing themselves of possible special discounts at the discretion of the host club.